Created on 11-12-2018 at 16:02 PM by Redaktion
Allianz Arena, the home stadium of well-known soccer club FC Bayern Munich, is Germany’s first sport stadium to offer convenient and fast contactless access via iPhone and Apple Watch, eliminating the need to search in one’s pockets, wallets or even e-wallets for paper tickets. Visitors no longer have to search their pockets or mobile apps for their ticket, as access is enabled through contactless ticketing: visitors simply hold their iPhone or Apple Watch up to the SKIDATA NFC reader for lightning fast, hassle-free entry.
SKIDATA’s all-in-one package is a convincing deal
“It’s our ambition always to be a step ahead of the market,” says Hugo Rohner, SKIDATA’s CEO. “Our ultimate strong point is our ability not just to deliver the necessary hardware but also to provide software, including secure ticket delivery, that’s specifically tailored to the needs of the customer. We provide the all-in-one package. Today, 85% of admission tickets are paper-based, with electronic tickets accounting for the remaining 15%. That’s going to change over the next few years,” explains Rohner.
With the SKIDATA solution, a stadium operator is now able to generate contactless tickets from their in-house system, enable customers to add them securely to iPhone or Apple Watch and admit visitors at the gate. In addition, classic paper-based tickets are still supported, as are all the other existing ticket formats.
A better visitor experience for all Bayern Munich fans
“We are thrilled that Allianz Arena, home of FC Bayern Munich, in partnership with SKIDATA, is the first venue in Germany to offer contactless ticket access via the iPhone and Apple Watch,” explains Jürgen Muth, Managing Director of Allianz Arena München Stadion GmbH. SKIDATA’s open platform can verify tickets not just via NFC, but also by using barcode or RFID technology.