The police advise all football fans to take advantage of the extensive public transport services offered by the Munich transportation authority (Münchner Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund (MVV)), which will get you to matches safely and on time.
Take the S-Bahn from Munich Main Station or Munich East Station to Marienplatz, a central transfer hub. From there take the U6 underground line (in the direction of Garching-Hochbrück) to Fröttmaning. The travel time from Marienplatz to Fröttmanning is approx. 16 minutes. From here visitors can get to the stadium via the Esplanade.
Another option is to use our Park + Ride facilities. Just park you car at a P+R facility and use public transport to get to the stadium. Visitors travelling from Franz Josef Strauß airport can find specific instructions on the MVV website (link below).
Underground and P+R information
Münchner Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund (MVV)
MVV timetable information
Public transport from Munich airport
We strongly recommend that visitors travelling by bus or car follow the signs in the city centre as well as on the motorways and parking areas. Once in the stadium area, please use all available lanes to get to the parking lots.
- Coming from the west via the A8 (Stuttgart - Munich) change to the A99 at the motorway junction Munich-Eschenried and follow it to the exit at Munich-Fröttmaning-North (AS 12b).
- Coming from the north via the A9 from Nuremberg to Munich follow the directions given at Neufahrn motorway junction, either following the A9 to Munich-Fröttmaning-South (AS 73) exit or via the A 92 to Munich-Feldmoching motorway junction. From there follow the A99 (towards Salzburg) to the nearby Munich-Fröttmaning-North (AS 12b) exit. To avoid congestion at Munich-Fröttmaning-South, please follow the signs at the Neufahrn junction.
- Directions by motorway from Franz Josef Strauß airport: A92 towards Munich, motorway junction Neufahrn to the A9 towards Munich, motorway exit Fröttmaning. Please follow the signs. Travel time: Depending on traffic conditions, approx. 25 minutes. Distance: 30 kilometres.
- Coming from the south or east via the A99, change to the A9 (towards Munich) at Munich-North motorway junction and follow it to the exit Munich-Fröttmaning-South (AS 73).
- Coming from the city: take the A9 (Munich - Nuremberg) to Munich-Fröttmaning-South exit (AS 73) or follow the Ingolstädter Strasse to Munich-Neuherberg junction, take the A99 and follow it to Munich-Fröttmaning-North exit (AS 12b).
Driving directions via Google maps
There are two major taxi ranks in the Allianz Arena:
- Taxi rank south: At the foot of the Esplanade near the southern bus park
- Taxi rank north: Behind the Allianz Arena near the central bus park
Taxi rank is located at the P&R parking lot
The administrative offices of the Allianz Arena are also open on non-matchdays.
- Coming from Nuremberg or Munich centre, please take the A9 to the exit Fröttmaning. This leads to Werner-Heisenberg-Allee. Follow the signs to "Sonderausweis S1/S0". These lead to the entry control point at the eastern gate.
- Coming from Stuttgart, take the A99 towards Salzburg. The exit leads to the north side of Werner-Heisenberg-Alle. Drive past the bus parks and follow the signs to "Sonderausweis S1/S0". The entry control point is to your right.
Allianz Arena München Stadion GmbH
The stadium has three coach parks. Access to the two north coach parks, Mitte and Nord, is via the A99 junction Munich-Fröttmaning-North. Access to the south coach park is via the A9 junction Munich-Fröttmaning-South.
The Allianz Arena is easily accessible by bike via a recommended route. The route from Marienplatz in Munich city centre to the Allianz Arena in Fröttmaning is mostly flat and 10.7 kilometres long.
At the start of the 2005/2006 Bundesliga season, the highways committee erected signage along the illuminated night route. The signs conform to Munich's familiar Radlnetz cycle network and feature a football symbol and the Arena logo, as well as showing the remaining distance in kilometres.
The cycle route Marienplatz – Allianz Arena in detail:
Marienplatz - Residenzstraße - Odeonsplatz - Ludwigstraße - Leopoldstraße - Ungererstraße - Situlistraße - Hofreiterweg - Georg-Wopfner-Straße - Harnierplatz - Edmund- Rumpler-Straße - Lilienthalallee - Kieferngartenstraße - Burmesterstraße - Werner- Heisenberg-Allee - P+R-Parkhaus Fröttmaning - Allianz Arena
The route to the Arena in the Munich Radlnetz